Saturday 10 December 2016

M&S Beauty Advent Calendar Update 1

red triangular bok with 25 mini red and silver numbered patterned boxed
One of the things I was most looking forward to at Christmas time this year was the M&S Beauty Advent Calendar. My mum bought one last year before I even know they were a thing and we opened alternate doors ever morning. I absolutely loved it and discovered some of my now favourite products. I am always surprised at the amazing brands stocked in M&S from Nails Inc to Pixi to Burts Bees. So, come September this year (yes- September) I was tweeting Marks & Spencer asking for a release date for this year's edition to make sure I got my hands on one. They were £35 when you spent £35 on beauty/ clothing/ home. I think they're totally worth £35 because all the products are good brands and generous sizes. You can get some Christmas shopping with the £35 you have to spend instore too (or, ahem, buy full sized products of last years contents). I know its sold out online but the last time I was in my local store there were still plenty so there might still be time to get one. My mum and I are sharing it again this year because some products suit her better and vice versa. And its the time of year to share. I thought I'd do a little round up of the contents at the end of each week to share the excitement. 
selection of tubes and bottles detailed below in front of advent calendar and red candle
Products so far:
Alpha H Liquid Gold: A product that I'd never think to buy but will probably end up being fab (like the NUXE oil from the summer box)
Ultrasun Face SPF 30: This also came in the M&S summer box. Its good for sensitive skin like mine though it won't be needed for a good few months.
Josh Wood Radiant Shine Hair Treatment Oil
Eyeko Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner: I have wanted to try this brand for so long so and I wear liquid eyeliner everyday so this will be a product for me.
Filorga Time Filler
Rodial X-Treme Acid Rush Peel: I'm excited to see what this product is like as I haven't used anything like it before. I can't help but think of Sam in SATC when she has a facial peel when I read the name though (yikes!)
Autograph Nail Polish in Cranberry: This was today's treat. Its an absolutely gorgeous dark pink with gold iridescence. This one will definitely be mine when we split the contents as my mum doesn't wear nail polish - yes!
Pixi Brow Tamer: I'm glad that the Pixi product is from their makeup range. I fell in love with the Glow Tonic in last year's calendar so I'm expecting good things from this.
BeeLovely Hand Cream

Also featured in the picture is my M&S Christmas scented candle which is delicious.

Hope you have a lovely, festive weekend. I've already decorated my room and I'll be wearing my Christmas jumpers to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment