Wednesday 26 October 2016

Pixi Glow Tonic Review

clear bottle with orange liquid contents with mint top and label on lilac floral background
I realise I'm a little late to the party when it comes to Pixi Glow Tonic. I've seen it recommended on countless blogs and Youtube channels over the last couple of years but with its heavy price tag and my set in stone skincare routine, it wasn't something I was desperate to try. When I realised it came in the Marks & Spencer Beauty Advent calendar though, I was so excited to try it. I've been using it for almost a month now and I'm really impressed with how long it is lasting for a sample- 100ml is pretty generous for a mini. I've been using it after my Garnier Micellar Water and Simple Cleanser, in place of my Simple Toner. 

First of all, I actually really like its packaging. When I first saw Pixi products online I thought they looked quite Disney-esque. I would never have put orange and pale green together but they actually work well and make the bottle look distinctive. It has a screw top and a well-functioning dispenser so you can easily control how much product you put on a cotton pad. I like the name 'Skintreats' too- who would say no to a treat for the skin? My skin feels fresh and squeaky clean when I use it. 

One thing I don't like about this product is the smell. I may just be used to the almost scentless Simple but to me, this smells like chemicals, or an industrial cleaning product. It also stings my eyes quite badly even though I avoid them when using it. I do think my eyes are more sensitive than most people's though as I remember the same thing happening when I tried out Liz Earle skincare.

Having said all that, I have actually noticed a vast improvement in my skin since using this. Usually changing one skincare product doesn't make much of a difference to my complexion but this definitely has. I am prone to spots and breakouts but this has kept them completely at bay. 

I'm now torn between wanting to incorporate this into my routine because of the improvement of my skin, despite the smell which I can put up with, and the scary price tag. I can justify having a few high end beauty bits and bobs that I repurchase time and again but I'm still a poor student!

Have you tried Pixi Glow Tonic? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment