Sunday 11 May 2014

L'Oreal Collection Privée Julianne's Nude Review

Hey Everyone!

How many times have you justified a purchase by the fact that the product 'has your name written all over it?' If you're anything like me, it'll be quite a few. So, you can imagine my absolute delight when I discovered that L'Oreal had launched a new collection of nude shades named after their ambassadors with one named Julianne. It literally has my name written all over it (well its written twice; that's good enough). It is safe to say I was nearly floored with excitement. To add to that, when I done the test online to discover what shade suited my complexion, I was matched with: myself. Talk about meant to be. With a name like Julianne, all the named things like keychains and rulers and calculators that everyone had when they were younger just passed me by. This has more than made up for it.
black square lipstick case with gold band and gold writing 'Collection privee by Julianne'
pale pink lipstick with gold and black case
lipstick from bottom - pink sticker with black writing 'Color Riche Julianne's nude'
pink lipstick
From the off therefore, I was in love with this lipstick without even trying it. I didn't care if it was £8.19- it was already worth it.  The packaging is ultra luxurious- it reminds me of a Channel or some other high end brand. The black with gold is very sophisticated and I love that 'L'Oreal' is embossed (is that the right word?) on the bullet. Usually when you think of a 'nude' shade, you think of a kind of caramel beige. For rosy lips like mine- this is far from a 'nude'. I think its fab that L'Oreal has created a line which caters for (more or less) every skin tone. 'Julianne' is described as 'Barely peach' and is designed for very fair and rose complexions.

The formula feels creamy on the lips and doesn't dry them at all. Another plus: application is pretty much fool proof (unlike those oh so pigmented vampy lipsticks I was loving over winter). The only negative is that it doesn't have immense lasting power- you'd have to reapply quite a few times throughout the day. However, it doesn't bleed or disappear leaving that awful line around your lips.

This is my first ever L'Oreal lipstick and I have to say I'm in love. While I'll opt for something a little more bold for the likes of a night out, this is my go to for everyday purposes. And I was worried that as the seasons changed I wouldn't be able to part with my Topshop Depth. How wrong I was.
PS. Apologies for the quality of the pictures. I took these on my phone instead of my camera because I was lazy.

2 comments:

  1. I have this one and I love it so much. This was such a great collection that L'Oreal came out with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap!! I totally agree- I was never a big fan of nude lipsticks but this is my favourite at the moment!! xx

      Delete