Friday 7 March 2014

Updated Everyday Makeup

Hey Everyone!

I've said time and time again that, for me, every extra minute of sleep in the morning is precious. For all my procrastination during the rest of the day, from 7.45- 8.20 my routine is timed to the second. Because of this, I've honed my everyday makeup routine to the essentials so that I don't waste any unnecessary time doing it but I still look (semi) presentable.
Selfie of white girl with brown ponytail, cherry lips, grey blouse with peter pan collar and mint and gold triangle necklace
Products worn:
Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Bourjois Round Pot in Rose D'Or
MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle
S&G Archery in Brownie Points
No7 Stay Precise Liquid Liner in Black
No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara in Black
Maybelline Babylips in Cherry Me
Avon Translucent Powder

It takes me roughly 10 mins to do this makeup (with the exception of lip balm which is applied while running round to the bus stop). I've been wearing this to both work and school for months and in terms of lasting power its pretty fab. 

The products I'm using have switched up quite a lot since my last FOTD post. I've reverted back to my Rimmel foundation and No7 liquid liner- in my eyes no other liner can compete. As usual I'm switching up mascara pretty frequently and just using what I have opened at the time. I wouldn't describe this one by No7 as 'exceptional', as the name suggests, but it doesn't smudge (which is quite the feat for my oily eyelids) and is good in terms of adding length and not clumping. 

I'm still loving Maybelline Baby Lips- I have countless lip products yet I find myself reaching for this every single day. I love the way it smells and the fact it doesn't do anything weird (like going patchy or leaving an outer line- ew) when it fades. I've started using concealer again because my skin is in quite a state at the moment. I'll possibly do a post with more info on what I'm doing to try and manage that soon. Ooh and big news on the makeup front. During my four month absence, I finally started filling in my eyebrows. I'm planning an in depth review of the S&G brow tint & pencil but basically I'm really loving it- it makes eyebrows so easy to do- even for a complete novice like me. Finally, on my cheeks is my usual combo. I'm getting a bit tired of the Rose D'Or blush since I've not used any other blush in months- I'm looking forward to looking out my cream blush for summer. 

Well that's me over and out for tonight folks. Hope you all have a great weekend. There will be a Primark haul up on Sunday so look out for that :)

3 comments: