Monday 23 September 2013

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Review

peach and white gradient tube on floral background
Hey Everyone!

I actually wasn't sure whether to do a review on this product as I don't get on with it particularly well but I came to the conclusion that if I share with you the products I love, I should also share those which I don't like as much. Also, the fact that I spent the Boots points I'd been saving for ages on this makes me want to get some use out of it, even if that use is a post topic.

I originally bought this at the beginning of the summer because I wanted something light and easy to wear in Africa. I actually got on ok with it there but only used it a few days so that couldn't be justified as a proper test run. I've used it a couple of times since I got back and I just don't like it at all, and I'm annoyed at myself for giving into the hype around it.

First off, the packaging is a bit cheap and cardboard like which is a bit of a step down from my favourite drugstore foundations from Rimmel which come in a class tubes. The shade is "Light" and the product comes out a bit orange looking but it blends into my own, quite pale, skin easily. I use slightly larger than a pea size amount for my entire face. 

Honestly, once applied, I don't notice a whole lot of difference to my bare skin. The cream brightens slightly and evens out skin tone a bit, but basically my skin (and blemishes) are still completely visible. More positively, it does sink into my skin quickly, I don't feel like I'm wearing anything and it doesn't transfer. I do find though that it doesn't last long on my skin and has worn off by the end of the day.  Someone mentioned to me on twitter that it broke them out, and I usually wouldn't blame a product for bad skin as I think it depends on a lot of different factors but I do notice that after a day of wearing this (and it could be a coincidence), my spots are more prominent/ severe.

I'm really disappointed in this product and resent wasting an almost full tube but I won't go on using it. I don't know if I'm expecting too much from a BB Cream because I'm used to a foundation albeit light/medium coverage but this just wasn't sufficient for me. I would only recommend this if you are looking for a very light/ no coverage product and/ or have perfect skin. 

Have you tried this? Did you have a better experience than I did?

No comments:

Post a Comment