Tuesday 26 February 2013

My Go To Hairstyle: Voluminous High Ponytail (Ft. My Onesie!)

Hey Everyone!

Of my whole presentation, my hair is the thing I spent least time on, as its probably what I enjoy doing least. I'm forever on the hunt for quick, easy dos that look as if I've put in a bit of effort. Inspired by Zoella's second signature barnet (the first being a messy bun), I have been wearing this a lot lately. I can't even begin to express how easy this is- it takes under a minute. 
girl with long brown hair sitting down each photograph demonstrating the steps below
1. Sleep with your hair in double looped pony bun. I tend to do this if I haven't washed my hair that night. I do a double looped pony bun (tie as if putting a pony in then only pull half the loop through then twist and half that) because I have naturally straight hair, if you have curly hair already you don't need to do this.
2. This is what my hair looks like after sleeping in the top knot- yours may be different but its about working with your natural hair.
3. I brush my hair through so its not too crazy.
4. Flip over and gather your hair at the top of the back of your head.
5. Tie with a bobble (I use the ones without the metal bits as they break your hair).
6. Use a comb to sleek back flyaways and stop your hair going that 'bitty' way if its not been washed.
7. You might want to slightly tease the base of the pony tail.
8. & 9. The finished result!

This is my go to, roll out of bed and out the door style. It actually takes less time than wearing natural hair down, which is super quick. 

Let me know if you like these kind of tutorials, the messy bun one I done months ago seemed to be quite popular. 
green and pink floral text with brown outline reading 'Julz'
P.S Hope you don't mind the onesie and no makeup- it was a lazy day :P
I'm posting everyday at 6.00pm this week: let me know in the comments if you would like me to post at set times like this more often :)

4 comments:

  1. Lol I love that you did this with your onesie one haha! This is pretty much how I have my hair at the min! Lazy day too! :)

    Great step by step and explanations!

    Siobhan xxxx

    www.glitter-x-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    p.s - Sticky Toffee Pudding was amaze! :) Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I wanted to post this but I couldn't be bothered getting ready so what the hell :P Ooh snap! Sounds good.

      Thanks!

      Aww yayyy for sticky toffee pudding!xx

      Delete
  2. I love doing my hair like this :) x

    ReplyDelete