Wednesday 27 February 2013

FOTD: Something Different

Hey Everyone!

After shopping my stash (Monday's post), I decided to get out of my daily makeup rut (can it be called a rut if you like what your using?) and switch up my FOTD on Saturday. I did something I never do and used products I have either given up on or forgotten about and tried to make them work.
four square images: two on top selfies of girl with light makeup and brown hair, bottom left close up of eye looking down with icy eyeshadow and faint top eyeliner, bottom right selection of makeup products
Products:
Clinique Almost Makeup
This was the first foundation I ever got and wore it everyday for ages. I thought if I loved it then, maybe I can still love it? WRONG. First thing I didn't like- it didn't sink into my skin very well using a brush and I had to revert to my hands which I don't like doing. Another problem was the orange face white neck situation- eek. It has quite a nice smell but that's about the only think I liked.
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
10/10 as always- I don't use any other concealer.
MUA Cream Blush in Dolly
I got this for Christmas and can't believe how long its taken me to try it! I'm not going to say a lot as I'll do a full review soon but I really like the colour and it blends well. 
You may also notice a pearly eyeshadow- its from Accessorize and I used it as a highlighter. It didn't show up very well- I think it should stick to its day job.
Fearne Day Compact Eyeshadow
A kind of meh product. It will do if there's nothing else but its not very pigmented.
Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes
Using this had completely confirmed my hate for pencil eyeliners. In general they're just so much effort for a bland result.
MUA Extreme Felt Liner
This saved the day for this FOTD, but it isn't as 'juicy' or black as I'd like it to be- I think I'll just stick to my usual liquid liner.
Clinique High Lengths Mascara
The whole face was worth it for rediscovering this one product! I LOVE THIS! It apply's so easily- literally a few strokes gives luscious lashes. It gives great length as well as volume and the shape of the wand is so convenient. And it comes off so easily :) I think this is my second favourite mascara (first is still They're Real!)
MaxFactor Silk Gloss
I am really not a lip gloss fan, but this one is an exception. The smell makes it worth it. I am hopeless at describing smells but its just really sweet and yummy! It gives a slight pink tint and a whole lot of shine.

I'm overall really glad I done this mix-it-up FOTD. Its allowed me to discover products I forgot about: MUA Cream Blush, Clinique High Lengths Mascara and MaxFactor Silk Gloss as well as reminding me why I don't use some products like Clinique Almost Makeup and pencil eyeliners. Its also made me appreciate my everyday products and makes me think I've actually got a great selection at the moment.
green and pink floral text with brown outline reading 'Julz'
I'm posting everyday at 6.00pm this week: let me know in the comments if you would like me to post at set times like this more often :)

6 comments:

  1. The blush looks gorgeous on you :) such a pretty colour!!

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its not the type of colour I usually go for as well! xx

      Delete
  2. I like the eyeliner! Too bad you dislike it :( Have you ever tried Avon liners? They glide on super well and are true to color :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they're just so footery :( Oooh I haven't but my mum loves them! xx

      Delete
  3. Great post, I really want to try the real techniques brushes.
    I'm a new follower :)
    Samantha xo

    http://samanthalusts.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh you should- I love my stippling brush :)
      Ah thanks- welcome! xx

      Delete