Wednesday 20 February 2013

DIY Personalised Storage Box

I'm posting everyday at 6.00pm this week: let me know in the comments if you would like me to post at set times like this more often :)selection of women's magazines, 'Julianne' cut out of title texts, huge pile of discarded magazines, box covered in faces, sunglasses, lipsticks, brand names, a huge assortment of magazine images
Hey Everyone!

I'm a bit of a magazine hoarder, I still had all the magazines I'd bought in 2012 in my drawer, continuously telling myself one day I might read them again. A few nights ago, while watching Bridget Jones Diary, I decided to be creative and cut out pictures I liked and make a collage box using an old shoe box.

I went for anything I liked the look of really, focusing mainly on makeup, celebs and fashion, with other bits and bobs in there too (including Mean Girls because let's face it, when you know the movie off by heart you can't not include it). I also used a few quotes and made my name. I glued each image to the box covering the entire surface area then at the end I went over everything with sellotape to make sure edges were secured.

I'm really pleased with the final result I can't believe one of my DIYs have actually been successful! I think I'm going to make it a memory box but you could really use it for anything.

What do you think? Will you be giving it a go?

green and pink floral text with brown outline reading 'Julz'

4 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, I have like OCD when it comes to clutter, if I have too much of one thing I will throw it out. It's very annoying, so as soon as I've read a magazine I can not keep it lol xx

    mac lippy giveaway :: 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha I actually have OCD but in a 'I will organise every magazine I keep kind of way' haha xx

      Delete
  2. Such a cute idea! Im a magazine hoarder too so this would put my magazines to good use x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah you should give it a go :) xx

      Delete