Sunday 23 September 2012

Update | 100th Post and Big News!

Hey Everyone!

Oh my, this is my 100th post! I have hit that publish button 100 times- how strange is that? I know some bloggers churn out that number of posts in a month, but for me this is such a huge achievement and I am so proud that I have stuck to blogging. 

I started back in February, and I can honestly say that my blog and YouTube and everything that comes with them has become such a big part of my life! I have bought amazing products I would never have even heard of, spoke to other bloggers who I would have never known, embraced the world of vintage and thrift and developed my style, wearing things I never thought I would. I know it sounds a bit cheesy but I would just like to thank each and every one of you for hitting that subscribe button and helping to grow my little part of the web. 

Also, I thought it was so fitting in such a landmark post to share some news with you. For months now I have been in the process of applying to go to Africa with my school. My school has a relationship with another school in Tanzania and every other year a group of pupils are selected to fly out to visit. I handed in a report kind of thing back in April and took part in activities with the group of Tanzanian pupils visiting here in June. Then a few weeks ago I had an interview (which was possibly the most nerve racking thing of my life). We finally received the news almost two weeks ago and...

I AM GOING TO AFRICA!!

I honestly couldn't believe it when the teacher told me. To be honest, I thought I would be really calm about it but I was crying and all sorts of dramatics when I was told! I am excited and scared and shocked all at once. Its a three week trip sometime in July next year and its just so overwhelming. 

I know this is mostly a beauty/ fashion blog but essentially its a subsection of my life and since this trip is going to be such a huge part of my life I thought I would share it with you all.

So to sum up, thank you all for supporting my blog; I blog for myself as a little creative outlet and its amazing to think that others are interested in my ramblings. Secondly, I'm in for a life changing trip in the next year. So just another day in the land of Julz Obsessions!

Since this is a kind of random post I don't have a specific question for your like usual, so I would like you to comment what kind of posts you enjoy most and if you have received any exciting news recently :)
pink and green floral text with fine brown outline reading 'Julz'




4 comments:

  1. aww 100 posts is amazing! I've been going since october last year and I'm on 90 something! Ahh Africa sounds amaaaaaazing! Omgggg I'm so jealous! The highlight of the school trips for year 12 for me is standing in a river on the Isle of Aaron in scotland for a week in febuary, woo! ;) I can't wait to see all your photos and stories from your trip! I'm not even going but I'm getting excited for you! ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're nearly there then- I'm shocked that I've wrote this much to be honest! Haha I know I'm sooo excited but its so weird and out of my comfort zone too. Haha oh man that sounds fun :P Thanks that's a lovely comment :D xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the Africa thing! I do hope you'll keep us updated with that :-)

    And your blog is awesome, I love reading your reviews!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I shall hehe :) Aw thank you very much that means a lot! xx

      Delete