Friday 31 August 2012

Review | H&M Lemon Cream Collection

Hey Everyone!

I'm a complete sucker for a matching bath and body set- I don't know about you, but for me, using products with all the one scent appeals to me a lot more than mismatched; I feel like they would overlap to the point of sickliness. Another thing I love, like probably all of you out there, is a bargain. So put the two together and we've pretty much got my ideal range.
three full size yellow products: one with black pump lid, one triangle bottle and one upright bottle
While in Barcelona at the beginning of the summer H&M had a massive sale and these products were only €2 each, that works out as about £1.50, which considering the size of each is fantastic. 

They all share the 'Lemon Cream' scent, a luxury smell of lemon curd or lemon drizzle cake. I think its more of an artificial lemon than the fresh, zesty kind of lemon which means if you use too much it can be overpowering. As a general rule, I use around 3 pumps of each product per limb, which ensures I strike the right balance between getting the most of the smell and ensuring it isn't sickening.

The Body Scrub has a great grainy texture which is perfect for essential exfoliation. Its texture reminds me a lot of the Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub in that it is so gritty and it leaves specks of product at the bottom of the shower. I especially like the packaging of this product, the wooden lid is really retro and unusual as is the bottles general design.

The Shower Gel is pretty much everything I'm looking for; it lathers well, smells good and leaves my skin squeaky clean. The only slight fault with it is the yellow colour seems to separate and cling to the top and bottom of the bottle, but after a shake this disappears.

The Body Lotion is almost identical in consistency to my H&M Strawberry Snoopy Body Lotion- its somewhere between a lotion and body butter which I think is ideal for this time of year because we're not quite into the super dry months yet but we are needing a little extra moisture. The lotion absorbs reasonably well and nourishes my skin nicely.

Overall, I really enjoy using this range of products, and would give it 8/10. It isn't ground breaking or anything but it does what it says on the tin (or bottle).

Have you tried this range? What do you think of it?
green and pink floral text with fine brown outline reading 'Julz'

No comments:

Post a Comment