Thursday 26 April 2012

Jumping on the Real Techniques Bandwagon: Stippling Brush

Hey Everyone!

Let me start off by apologizing for my neglect of the blogging scene lately- my exams are in full swing but thankfully I have two weeks to my next one so I can do a bit of posting yay :) Also, hello to my new followers! I can hardly believe I'm up to 69, I'm so proud and thankful for each one of you- ok enough of the cheese already.

So after seeing countless raves about the Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman, I decided to buy the stippling brush as I am in need of a new foundation brush.
pink and black face brushpink and black brush with dense slightly fanned bristles






















Claims: This brush boasts to be "the trade secret for creating airbrushed, high definition results with all types of makeup." 

Brush: The "ultra plush taklon bristles" are super soft and the brush hasn't shed a single hair yet. It smooths foundation onto my skin gently. Also, the unusually thick handle (I think handle is the right word!) allows the brush to stand up right on a flat surface which I love as its a cute addition to my chest of drawers. I have also found that the brush doesn't swallow up foundation unlike my old one so I am actually using less which is fab.

Results: I have to say I am really impressed! The brush blends foundation in really well and using the buffing technique I can achieve a natural look with fair coverage. I definitely think it gives an airbrushed look and can be used to apply foundation, powder, blush and much more. Basically it is the perfect multitasking brush.
girl with brown hair smiling
Me wearing Bourjois Flower Perfection foundation applied with Real Techniques Stippling Brush 
close up of side of girls face with eyeliner and spotless cheek
Rating: 10/10 - For me, this brush is all it claimed to be and more, and deserves all the praise it has received.

You can buy this brush for £11.99 in Boots and online.

This has really made me want to buy more Real Techniques brushes, though I need to stop myself as I have a brand new set by Ruby Hammer and Millie Kendall called Scarlet & Crimson that I bought in the Boots January sale so I have to make use of them.

I'm off to watch Celebrity Juice- so excited as Caroline Flack is on it and I love love love her! Can't wait to see what she is wearing :)

Have you got any Real Techniques brushes? Which are your favourite?

PS- would anyone be interested in a JulzObsessions channel on YouTube? I'm considering the idea, though I'm not sure as I think my accent would stick out terribly :P



3 comments:

  1. I want some Real Techniques brushes :-( definitely start youtube! I want to start but don't have the guts X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely recommend trying them, I think it is a bit steep (for me a teenager) but it can multi-task really well! Do you think? You see I'm the same, I think it would be a bit embarrassing especially if people were like "ew you sound weird" :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great brush! I need to get more brushes myself, I usually focus on other beauty items like lipsticks ect. I neglect buying brushes haha
    I'd be totally interested in you making a youtube channel! I have one myself and its fun :) my youtube is vintagelace95 but youtube has been messed up so I don't know if you can find it :(

    www.buttonsnbows101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete